Individuals with fe...

Notifications
Clear all

Individuals with felony convictions should not face lifelong punishment

3 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

It's truly perplexing to think that a single mistake, such as evading the police at the age at a young, could lead to being charged with felony eluding and bearing the label of a felon indefinitely.

Consider the implications of this scenario: decades later, at the age of 40 and older, one finds themselves unable to exercise the right to vote, possess a firearm, face severe housing restrictions, encounter limited job opportunities, struggle with obtaining financial loans, and are disqualified from holding positions in government offices. All because of a brief 10-minute encounter with law enforcement in their youth.

wnight55 30/01/2024 10:28 pm

I am a convicted felon, and it certainly has caused difficulty in my life. It is sad that this distinction should be with a person for the rest of thier lives. I have been blessed to have a trade to fall back on. by the way I was 27 when convicted of felony DV. (It's not true,but it stuck)22years ago. I understand what you say, it is sad, and the individual can do nothing, sad. first time on this website your post caught my attention. Thank you God Bless you Mr. Martinez

1 Answer

Absolutely why is it held against a person who has done whatever is required to still restrict their lives. I'm a felon and I was wrongfully convicted based on my addiction.  Just that word felon your application is in the trash . Smh however lost dreams awaken and new possibilities arise.  

wnight55 30/01/2024 10:31 pm

Hey brother felon, I hope your doing ok, are you? I loved your post, I know so true. you want to be honest but what the hell do you do?

Share:
Scroll to Top